- Prospective Students
- Current Students
- News & Events
Gain Related Work Experience
Co-op is great way to get career-related experience and help finance your education. As a Co-op student you will alternate academic semesters with full-time work placements, allowing you to earn money while building skills in your chosen field.
Interested in learning more? Check out the information below and on the FENV co-op page.
Why Participate in Co-op?
- Get access to a variety of paid, quality jobs (many of which are not available to non-co-op students)
- Try out different kinds of jobs and job settings to find out what you like best
- Hone your interviewing skills through practice sessions and feedback with co-op staff
- Create a concise and effective résumé
- Build a network of professional contacts
- Understand how what you are learning in class applies in the real world
- Gain experience working in local, national and international markets
- For visa students, get access to paid off-campus Canadian work experience
Co-op Student Profiles
If you are transferring from another college or university, you are encouraged to contact FENV Co-op during your first term at SFU to determine your eligibility and ensure that you will have time to participate in the program. Please see eligibility requirements below and on the FENV Co-op Prospective Student page.
Ready to Join?
For additional information including admission requirements, visit the FENV Co-op page or contact:
Coordinator, Environment Co-op
RCB 7130 778-782-3115 firstname.lastname@example.org
*Note - students must have less than 80 units, including the current semester's enrollment, and a cgpa of 2.75 or higher in order to be eligible.