- Emergency preparedness
- Insurance & risk
- Travel safety
What is WinterReady?
Formerly known as Winterfest, WinterReady is an event that aims to educate all members of the SFU community on the importance of winter preparedness and what to expect during winter months on Burnaby campus. The micro-climate in Burnaby Mountain means freezing temperatures are more common than other areas of the Lower Mainland that can create icy, snow conditions when other areas may not be impacted.
Sponsored by the Safety and Risk Services team, WinterReady reminds community members to "know before you go" and prepare for severe weather protocols to stay safe.
- Where: Convocation Mall, Burnaby campus
- When: Wednesday, November 1, 2023, from 11:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m
- Win prizes by collecting ballots when you visit information tables.
- Learn about what to include in your emergency kit.
- Get in-depth information about preparing for winter on Burnaby Mountain
- Learn about severe weather protocols, road and public transit updates
- Get information about winter tires
Know before you go
Before you head out to SFU campuses, know where to get the latest information regarding campus conditions and class statuses:
- Review severe weather emergency procedures
- Dress appropriately for the weather
- Drive slow!
- Choose main access paths when walking around campus
- Use indoor travel routes as much as possible
- Build an emergency kit for your home, office and car
- Make back-up and emergency plans for childcare, elder care and pet care