- Emergency preparedness
- Insurance & risk
- Travel safety
If you find yourself in an emergency situation contact International SOS by:
Membership #: 27ACAS593560
Or through the Assistance App
Travelers may also contact:
- Government of Canada emergency assistance service:
- Phone: 1-613-996-8885
- TTY: 1-613-944-1310
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- SMS: 613-209-1233
- Local authorities or the host institution (if applicable) for immediate assistance.
- The nearest embassy or consulate.
- SFU’s Campus Public Safety at +1-778-782-4500
All health and safety incidents, including near misses, must be reported to the involved person’s supervisor and online though the SFU Health & Safety Incident Reporting System within 24 hours of the incident occurring. If the involved or injured person is unable to complete the report, it may be filled out by the person's supervisor or another individual with knowledge of the incident.