- Email: email@example.com
- Tel: 778.782.4953
- Office: 2808, SFU Surrey Campus
- BA, English Literature and Art History, University of British Columbia
- MA, English Literature, University of British Columbia
Chantal Gibson has been a member of the SIAT faculty since 2003, teaching written communication, critical thinking, collaboration & teamwork, and digital image design. She also teaches professional writing for the Beedie School of Business.
Her research is in the areas of Composition Pedagogy and Assignment Evaluation & Assessment. Her specific interest is in Reader Feedback and Response—the interaction between students and instructors in the margins or white space of student work. Her papers, course materials and workshops have been presented at teaching conferences in Canada and the US. As well, Chantal is a visual, mixed media artist with research interests in narrative-storytelling, anthropology and African-Canadian women’s history. Her recent works—a collection of altered Canadian historical texts—have been exhibited in Toronto, Montreal & Vancouver.
- Writing Feedback and Assessment
- Visual Culture & Narrative
- African-Canadian Women’s History
Future courses may be subject to change.