- Email: email@example.com
- Tel: 778.782.8180
- Office: 2726, SFU Surrey Campus
- BSc, Economics, Queen Mary College, University of London
- Postgraduate Diploma in Law, University of Westminster
- MFA, Department, Goldsmiths College, University of Law
Niranjan Rajah is an Assistant Professor at the School of Interactive Arts and Technology, Simon Fraser University. He is the convenor of the annual New Forms Festival Conference, Vancouver. He is a Researcher in Residence at the TechLab, Surrey Art Gallery developing an exhibition on the junction of Sacred art and Digital technologies titled Sacred Spaces. Niranjan is a member of the Media Arts Advisory Committee for the Canada Council for the Arts, a member of the Board of Directors of Vancouver International Centre for Contemporary Asian Art (Centre A), Vancouver as well as a member of the advisory board for the BANFF New Media Institute (BNMI). He is also a founding member of the Accented Technologies Collective, a Canadian Collective for culturally reflective computing. Niranjan has previously served on the Board of Directors of the Inter Society for Electronic Art (ISEA). Niranjan was Keynote Speaker at the ‘Collapsing Geographies Forum’ of the 2nd Multimedia Art Asia Pacific Festival Brisbane and he won an Asian Scholars Award at the 15th International Congress of Aesthetics, Tokyo.
- Post-traditional Media: Developing a theoretical framework for culturally reflective media.
- Sacred Spaces: Historical/Curatorial research on the relationship of Sacred Art and Digital Technology
- Pranic Interface: Designing a Breath based Interface for Navigating Sacred Content
Future courses may be subject to change.