- Prospective Students
- Current Students
- Research Awards & Scholarships
- Undergraduate Research Presentation Award
- CSC Silver Medal Award
- E. J. Wells Chemistry Book Award
- Melanie O'Neill Chemistry Undergraduate Award
- SCI Canada Student Merit Award
- Tony Parsad Award in Chemistry
- Chemistry Undergraduate Scholarship
- TransCanada Pipelines Research Scholarship
- Evelyn and Leigh Palmer Scholarship
- Faculty & Staff
- Research Employees
- Employment Opportunities
- Information for Department Members
- Room Bookings
- News & Events
- Contact Us
- Chemistry EDI Group
Areas of interest
- B.Sc., University of Waterloo (1989)
- Ph.D., University of Alberta (1994)
- LAB: C7076
- TEL: 778-782-4401
- RESEARCH GROUP WEBSITE
levitation of droplets and particles, chemical speciation, mass spectrometry, ion sources, biological applications of mass spectrometry, proteomics, atmospheric chemistry, heterogeneous chemistry
The Agnes group is continuing to develop the analytical aspects of a novel picoliter sample handling strategy that they introduced as 'Wall-less Sample Preparation' (WaSP). In addition to this aspect of the Agnes group's program of research, there is a strong commitment to apply the WaSP technology to the chemistry of trace components in levitated picoliter droplets/particles.
Example applications include heterogeneous and homogeneous reactions on suspended particles that are of relevance to the troposphere, metal-organic chemistry within the environment of a levitated droplet/particle, and investigation of biological compounds at sub-nanomolar concentrations in physiological fluids of relevance to human health and disease.
For more details, visit our group home page.
Click here to view publications.
This instructor is currently not teaching any courses.