- Prospective Students
- Current Students
Research Awards & Scholarships
- Undergraduate Research Presentation Award
- CSC Silver Medal Award
- E. J. Wells Chemistry Book Award
- Melanie O'Neill Chemistry Undergraduate Award
- SCI Canada Student Merit Award
- Tony Parsad Award in Chemistry
- Chemistry Undergraduate Scholarship
- TransCanada Pipelines Research Scholarship
- Evelyn and Leigh Palmer Scholarship
- Faculty & Staff
- Research Employees
- Employment Opportunities
- Information for Department Members
- Room Bookings
- News & Events
- Contact Us
- Chemistry EDI Group
Master of Science (MSc) Program
The MSc program is expected to be completed in 10 terms. It is thus a program that offers a graduate-level education in Chemistry that is a somewhat shorter and less comprehensive alternative to the PhD program. It is an excellent choice for those seeking a thorough preparation prior to embarking on a PhD degree at SFU.
Research Work -- Students must carry out research, write a thesis, and defend it in an oral examination. The originality, length, and comprehensiveness of the thesis work is less than that demanded for the PhD degree.
Course Work -- MSc students are required to complete 12 credit hours of graduate-level coursework including CHEM 801 and CHEM 802. An average grade of B or higher is necessary to continue in the program.