- Prospective Students
- Current Students
- Research Awards & Scholarships
- Undergraduate Research Presentation Award
- CSC Silver Medal Award
- E. J. Wells Chemistry Book Award
- Melanie O'Neill Chemistry Undergraduate Award
- SCI Canada Student Merit Award
- Tony Parsad Award in Chemistry
- Chemistry Undergraduate Scholarship
- TransCanada Pipelines Research Scholarship
- Evelyn and Leigh Palmer Scholarship
- Faculty & Staff
- Research Employees
- Employment Opportunities
- Information for Department Members
- Room Bookings
- News & Events
- Contact Us
- Chemistry EDI Group
Welcome to the NMR facility at Simon Fraser University.
The SFU NMR facility houses five Bruker NMR spectrometers with 1H frequencies ranging from 400 MHz to 600 MHz. Four of these spectrometers (400, 500, and two 600s), which are all equipped with an auto sampler, run solution NMR. Among them, the two 600 MHz spectrometers are both equipped with a cryo probe which offers a state-of-the-art sensitivity for 1H, 2H,13C, 15N, 19F and 31P NMR. Another 400 MHz spectrometer is also well-equipped to have the capability of running solution NMR, solid-state NMR, as well as NMR imaging experiments.
The goal of the facility is to provide not only resources to SFU laboratories for research, education, and training, but also assistances to users to solve NMR problems using advanced NMR techniques.