- Prospective Students
- Current Students
- Research Awards & Scholarships
- Faculty & Staff
- Employment Opportunities
- Information for Department Members
- Room Bookings
- News & Events
- Contact Us
Eligibility & Requirements
It is recommended that students contact faculty members directly to discuss their research interests, programs, and to confirm the availability of a position within their group as well as their ability to provide the student with financial support.
Online applications, including supporting documents must be received by:
- October 1st for Spring term
- February 1st for Summer term
- June 1st for Fall term
In addition to meeting Simon Fraser University's general admission requirements, graduate students applying to the Department of Chemistry must satisfy the following criteria:
- Students looking to enter the MSc program must have completed a BSc degree from Simon Fraser University or its equivalent from a recognized institution with a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0/4.33 (B) or better and provide evidence of ability to carry out advanced studies.
- Students looking to enter the PhD program should have MSc degree from Simon Fraser University or its equivalent from a recognized institution with at minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0/4.33. In special circumstances, exceptionally able students with first-class BSc degrees may be admitted directly to the PhD program with a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.5/4.33. Evidence is required to demonstrate that the applicant is capable of undertaking substantial original research (i.e. a copy of your BSc/MSc thesis, particulars about research work over the past 18 months, who you have been affiliated with, copies of research reports or papers authored or co-authored).