- Prospective Students
- Current Students
- Research Awards & Scholarships
- Undergraduate Research Presentation Award
- CSC Silver Medal Award
- E. J. Wells Chemistry Book Award
- Melanie O'Neill Chemistry Undergraduate Award
- SCI Canada Student Merit Award
- Tony Parsad Award in Chemistry
- Chemistry Undergraduate Scholarship
- TransCanada Pipelines Research Scholarship
- Evelyn and Leigh Palmer Scholarship
- Faculty & Staff
- Research Employees
- Employment Opportunities
- Information for Department Members
- Room Bookings
- News & Events
- Contact Us
- Chemistry EDI Group
How to Apply
Apply online. Note that there is an application fee of $90 CAD (for students with Canadian transcripts) or $125 (for students with international transcripts), payable by credit card (MasterCard or Visa).
Application fees for admitted students are reimbursable upon request.
If you are a succesful applicant, after accepting an offer of admission to SFU, apply for a student permit, as early as possible. Processing time vary by country and it is your responsibility to obtain your study permit prior to the start of your first term. For more information please visit International Services for students here.
International applicants will not be required to complete an English-language test if they have completed a degree at an institution where the language of instruction and examination was in English in a country where English is the primary language.
Official TOEFL or IELTS scores must be submitted. All test scores are valid for a period of two years from the date of the test.
The following supporting materials (in PDF format) are to be uploaded online:
- Copies of official transcripts from all Post-Secondary Institutions attended
- Applicants must arrange for the submission of detailed mark sheets and degree certificates with certified English (literal) translations
- To be official, original language documents and English translations must arrive together in official envelopes which have been sealed and endorsed by the issuing institution.
- A current copy of your Curriculum Vitae (be sure to include any publications you may have)
- Three strongly supportive signed confidential reports on official institutional letterhead from your referees. At least two of your three referees should be able to comment on your recent academic performance. The online application system will instruct you on how to request the reference letters.
The following supporting materials are to be mailed to the Chemistry department:
- One set of official transcripts from all Post-Secondary Institutions attended (must be in the original sealed envelope coming either directly from the educational institution or mailed by you)
- Evidence showing completed of BSc/MSc degree(s). If the degree is not complete at the time of application, evidence of its completion is required at time of registration.
- An official copy of your diploma (for International applicants)
Send requested materials to:
c/o Central Stores Mail Room, for
Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies
Maggie Benston Student Services Centre 1100
Simon Fraser University
8888 University Drive
Burnaby, British Columbia
Canada V5A 1S6
NEED MORE INFORMATION?
If you have questions regarding the graduate programs we offer or the application process, please contact the Chemistry Graduate Program Assistant at 778.782.3345 or by email <email@example.com>.
Enquiries regarding research areas/interests should be directed to the individual faculty member.
The Graduate Studies website provides comprehensive information about opportunities, policies, procedures, and regulations at Simon Fraser University.