Dialogue and Civic Engagement
Engage with your stakeholders and reach your shared goals
Become a powerful catalyst for meaningful social and organizational change. Our professional dialogue and civic engagement courses and part-time program can help you build the skills to design and implement engagement strategies that deepen a shared understanding of the issues at hand, are more responsive and accountable to participants and stakeholders, and ultimately build more support for outcomes.
- Learn key concepts through a combination of theory and practice
- Study with a professional network of peers who work in diverse contexts
- Receive mentorship, support and feedback from instructors who are experienced practitioners
- Design and implement your own engagement project through the program practicum
Take our short and intensive courses one at a time to suit your schedule.
View dialogue and civic engagement courses:
Location update: In-person courses have been moved to online-supported delivery through December 31, 2021.
2 Design Thinking Methods for Engagement DLOG756 DLOG756-VA1211
16 Effective Group Facilitation DLOG706 DLOG706-VA1211
21 Shared Spaces: Foundations for Dialogue and Engagement Between Indigenous and non-Indigenous People DLOG708 DLOG708-ON1211
- Dialogue and Engagement: Principles and Concepts DLOG700
- Practice of Engagement DLOG701
- Planning for Engagement DLOG703
- Effective Group Facilitation DLOG706
- Shared Spaces: Foundations for Dialogue and Engagement Between Indigenous and non-Indigenous People DLOG708
- Hosting Powerful Conversations: Introduction to World Cafe and Open Space Technology DLOG750
- Large-Scale Public Involvement Methods DLOG751
- Social Media and Online Engagement DLOG755
- Design Thinking Methods for Engagement DLOG756
- Evaluating Engagement DLOG757
- Dialogue and Civic Engagement Practicum DLOG790
10 courses + practicum
Finish in 8 months
Our Dialogue and Civic Engagement Certificate program includes a hands-on practicum woven throughout the program. You’ll apply your learning by designing and implementing an engagement project of your choosing.
You'll learn to:
- Design and implement effective public engagement strategies where people feel valued, connected to the process and invested in the outcomes
- Integrate principles and techniques to bring about positive outcomes on key issues
- Identify and ask powerful questions that lead to meaningful dialogue
- Understand issues and create solutions that improve policies, programs and services
Is this program for you?
Our program is for professionals who are tasked with engaging others, working in any sector, including:
- Non-government organizations
- Indigenous organizations
- Community-based organizations
- Labour unions
- Health agencies