Pensions and Benefits
Benefit Plan Summaries
- PBC Group Benefits Booklet
- Group RRSP Information
- Basic Life Insurance
- Optional Life Insurance
- Basic Accidental Death and Dismemberment Policy
- Optional Accidental Death and Dismemberment Policy
- Long Term Disability
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Group Home Insurance Plan
- Travel Insurance Information
- Leaving SFU
- Retiring from SFU
W&R (Return to Work, Disability, Sick Leave)
In the summer of 2016, the University and SFUFA signed a new Collective Agreement covering the period 2014-2019. Sick leave application and sick leave administration have changed under the new Collective Agreement. We have developed a Sick Leave Information Sheet for your convenience.
Here is a summary and corresponding flow-chart of the new sick leave reporting and administration procedures:
1. Report all sick leaves to the Chair or Supervisor
2. The Chair or Supervisor must fill out the Sick Leave Reporting Form for SFUFA Members
3. If a SFUFA Member is on sick leave for more than 2 weeks, they may be required to submit an Attending Physician’s Statement Form to the Wellness & Recovery Office upon request.
4. In case of partially sick leave, the Supervisor or Chair must determine appropriate work duties for the Member with the Dean's approval.
5. If the Member is on sick leave for more than one month they may be required to provide a medical statement on a monthly basis in the form of an Attending Physician’s Statement (APS).
6. If the Member is on sick leave for more than 4 months and the prognosis to return to work is poor, the W&R Office will send a Long Term Disability application to the Member.
7. When a Member is ready to return to work they may be required to provide a medical note clearing them back to work.
8. When appropriate, a Member returning to work on a gradual basis may be requested to participate in the Return to Work Program.
For more information about the new sick leave procedures you may contact the Organizational Health Office at local 2-6698 or via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.