- Get help
- Announcements & alerts
- Service outages
- Security alerts
- Major initiatives
- Important changes to SFU email practices
- Jovanna Sauro wins SFU Personal Achievement Award
- Improve your cellular coverage by enabling WiFi Calling
- New committee guides transformative changes at SFU
- Expanded identity options for students within SFU applications
- SFU works toward keeping devices out of landfills
- A journey to improved WiFi
- Help us, help you, connect to better WiFi
- IT Services' new support system: ServiceHub
- Information Security Essential Courses
- IT Services leadership announcement
- University Wide Password Change Initiative
- April 2021 technical issue
- Telephone System Core Infrastructure Upgrade
- Decommissioning fraser.sfu.ca
- Information security
- News & Announcements
- Information Security Standards
- Information Security Essentials Course
- Anti-Spam (CASL) Compliance
- Data security standard
- Desktop Security
- Identity Protection
- Security hygiene
- Tips for safe computing
Manage MFA Settings
View or generate Emergency Login Codes
You can manage your 8-digit emergency login codes on the SFU MFA Management App:
Note: Emergency logins codes should only be used when you do not have access to your usual MFA codes generated from your MFA device. For example, when you forgot, lost, or broke your mobile device or hardware token.
For more information on the differences between MFA codes and emergency login codes, please visit our FAQ page.
Step 2. Go to the "Emergency Login Codes" tab. Under this tab, you can:
- View current emergency login codes
- Generate new emergency login codes
- Print the latest emergency login codes
Note: If you have generated a new set of emergency login codes, please discard any previous emergency login codes to avoid confusion.
How do I securely store my emergency login codes?
Keep your emergency login codes safe by following these important tips:
- Store your emergency login codes in a safe, accessible place nearby you, such as your wallet.
- Do not store your emergency login codes on CAS-protected services such as your SFU Mail account, as you won't be able to access them if you don't have your phone or hardware token.
- Never share your emergency login codes with anyone.
- You can generate new emergency login codes at any time by going to the SFU MFA Management App.
Have questions? Please see our collection of FAQs.
Need additional assistance?