- Get help
- Announcements & alerts
- Service outages
- Security alerts
- Major initiatives
- Important changes to SFU email practices
- Jovanna Sauro wins SFU Personal Achievement Award
- Improve your cellular coverage by enabling WiFi Calling
- New committee guides transformative changes at SFU
- Expanded identity options for students within SFU applications
- SFU works toward keeping devices out of landfills
- A journey to improved WiFi
- Help us, help you, connect to better WiFi
- IT Services' new support system: ServiceHub
- Information Security Essential Courses
- IT Services leadership announcement
- University Wide Password Change Initiative
- April 2021 technical issue
- Telephone System Core Infrastructure Upgrade
- Decommissioning fraser.sfu.ca
- Information security
- News & Announcements
- Information Security Standards
- Information Security Essentials Course
- Anti-Spam (CASL) Compliance
- Data security standard
- Desktop Security
- Identity Protection
- Security hygiene
- Tips for safe computing
Once a user has succesfully logged into SFU vault, the homepage should contain default folders for "Documents" and "Photos" that are created upon the first visit to the web portal.
On the left of the homepage, a list menu is provided for navigation to different sections of files that are categorized according to their unique properties.
Favourite files are indicated with a yellow star and put into their own section for quick access from this menu, while other sections are grouped according to previously assigned sharing methods or by permissions.
To add a new file, select the plus sign (+) at the upper toolbar of the files window to upload a file of your choice from your personal libraries.
This button can also be used to upload text files or to create a new folder in the SFU vault library.
Individual files are given both a favourite button and a checkbox.
Select the star button to add the file to your favourites folder which is represented by the same symbol in the left menu.
By selecting checkboxes next to files or folders, users will be given the option to either download all selections as a ZIP file or to delete them by choosing the appropriate button at the top of the file list.
Moving files can be easily completed by dragging and dropping one item into another using the mouse. The example below shows the "Photos" folder being dragged up towards its new destination inside the "Documents" folder
Additional file management can be done inside the web interface by clicking the ellipsis button in row that the file resides in, which reveals its "Details" or offers other options such as "Rename", "Download", or "Delete".