- Get help
- Announcements & alerts
- Service outages
- Security alerts
- Major initiatives
- Jovanna Sauro wins SFU Personal Achievement Award
- Improve your cellular coverage by enabling WiFi Calling
- New committee guides transformative changes at SFU
- Expanded identity options for students within SFU applications
- SFU works toward keeping devices out of landfills
- A journey to improved WiFi
- Help us, help you, connect to better WiFi
- IT Services' new support system: ServiceHub
- Information Security Essential Courses
- IT Services leadership announcement
- University Wide Password Change Initiative
- April 2021 technical issue
- Telephone System Core Infrastructure Upgrade
- Decommissioning fraser.sfu.ca
- Information security
- Information Security Standards
- New Information Security Essentials Course
- Anti-Spam (CASL) Compliance
- Data security standard
- Desktop Security
- Security and Privacy Guidance: Social Media Apps
- Identity Protection
- Phishing Scams
- How to stay safe online
- Security hygiene
- Tips for safe computing
- Travelling with technology
- Keeping Your Personal Information Safe During the Holidays
- Don't get caught by a phishing scam
Live transcription (Beta)
Live transcription is a beta feature that enables auto speech-to-text transcription. When enabled by hosts, participants can see captions during a meeting or webinar, and/or download the transcription afterwards.
Follow the instructions for host/participant below
Enable live transcription
Turn on live transcription in each meeting/webinar you prefer:
- Click the Live Transcript button at the bottom of your Zoom
- Select Enable Auto-Transcription
Select Disable Auto-Transcription, to disable live transcription.
Turn on Save Captions, to allow participants save and download the full transcript after a meeting/webinar
Activate the Save Captions features in your Zoom Settings:
- Open your Zoom client.
- Go to Settings > In Meeting (Advanced), and click the toggle to activate closed captioning and/or save captions as you wish.
Alternatives of Save Captions:
To prevent participants from transcription saving, de-select Save Captions in your personal setting. By using the Cloud Recording feature, you can still provide automatic audio transcription/closed caption after meetings.
Display live transcription
Find Live Transcript in the control bar at the bottom of your Zoom.
- Option 1: Show Subtitle
Captions will appear at the bottom of the Zoom window
- Option 2: View/Close Full Transcript
Audio will be transcribed in the right-hand corner of the Zoom window. Captions are time stamped and tagged with who was speaking.
Change captioning sizes
- Click Subtitle Settings, and use the slider at the top of the Accessibility tab to adjust the font size of the subtitles
Save the full transcript
You can save full transcripts as a .txt file.
- At the bottom of the full transcription window, select Save Transcript.
Don't see this option? It needs to be enabled by the host for you to save the captions.