- Strategic Plan
- The President
- Executive Searches
- Search for Vice-President Advancement & Alumni Engagement
- Search for Vice-President Research & International
Welcome to a new decade and exciting new semester!
Happy New Year. I hope you had a joyful and rejuvenating holiday, and are ready for what promises to be a positive and productive 2020 for Simon Fraser University.
If you are a new student this semester – congratulations! You’ve made a great choice, and we are pleased to have you as part of the university community. I encourage you to take advantage of the many learning opportunities that SFU has to offer – both inside and outside the classroom.
For starters, check out the Week of Welcome activities we have planned from January 6 to 10 at all three campuses.
Looking ahead, SFU will welcome more than 2,500 participants and hundreds of exhibitors from across Asia and around the globe to the Asia-Pacific Association for International Education Annual Conference & Exhibition (APAIE 2020) to be held in Vancouver in late March.
There will be numerous other opportunities for university and community members to engage with SFU throughout the semester. Examples include:
- The President’s Faculty Lecture Series, with lectures by Dr. Deanna Reder on January 15, Dr. Faranak Farzan on February 25 and Dr. Paul Budra on March 10.
- The opening of new space at 312 Main – SFU’s newest Vancouver campus facility aimed at furthering community-engaged research and programming – on January 30.
- The annual SFU Public Square Community Summit scheduled for early April. (Stay tuned for details on another timely and thought-provoking program.)
These are just a few of the many exciting things that will be happening at SFU this year. I look forward to seeing you on campus and in the community.