- Strategic Plan
- The President
- About Joy
- Statement on academic freedom
- Welcome back faculty and staff
- Welcome back students
- Statement on scholar strike
- Reflections on my first 30 days
- Taking care of ourselves, taking care of each other
- Equity, diversity and inclusion commitments
- Statement on SFU's Athletics Team Name Change
- Finding connection in times of adversity
- Wishing you a safe and restful holiday break
- Op-ed: SFU helping drive social, economic innovation in time of crisis
- Executive Searches
- Search for Vice-President Advancement & Alumni Engagement
- Search for Vice-President Research & International
Statement on federal government’s support for students and recent graduates
Simon Fraser University commends the federal government on yesterday’s announcement of $9 billion in federal funding to support post-secondary students and recent graduates.
Many students are concerned about being able to commence or continue their post-secondary education without the income generated from co-op or summer jobs, while others are graduating into a challenging job market.
Education is the best insurance against economic uncertainty, and Canada will require a highly skilled and knowledgeable workforce to help rebuild our economy as we come out of this crisis. Consequently, this significant investment in students is good news for them and good news for our country.