- Emergency preparedness
- Insurance & risk
- Travel safety
The response to a pandemic event will vary depending on the type of virus or disease outbreak. Taking every-day precautionary measures such as proper hand washing can help prevent widespread outbreaks of influenza and other disease. SFU Health & Counselling will provide more information on specific health related incidents as appropriate.
Visit the BC Health Link to learn more about the symptoms and preventative measures for dealing with various types of illness.
Safety and health tips
- Get an annual flu shot (check with SFU Health & Counselling or Immunize BC for clinic locations)
- Avoid contact with those who are displaying flu symptoms
- Stay home if you are sick
- Don’t share cups or utensils with other people
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
- Practice proper hygiene and proper hand washing
- Follow proper cough/sneeze etiquette
If you think you have come in contact with any type of infectious disease contact the BC Health Line at 8-1-1
For more information about the flu, its symptoms and prevention measures visit: