- Future students
- Current students
- Get involved
- Return to campus
FCAT Excellence Awards
The Faculty of Communication, Art, and Technology (FCAT) contains an amazing set of faculty, staff, students and alumni. The FCAT Excellence Awards were created to honour the hard work, dedication, and excellence that occurs across FCAT and beyond. The FCAT Research Excellence Awards were created in 2018 and FCAT Teaching, Staff, and Alumni awards followed in 2021 to further recognize the exemplary work done by current FCAT members and alumni.
- Complete the nomination signature sheet. This form must be signed by at least one nominator in addition to the nominee. This serves as recognition that nominee agrees to be nominated for the award.
- Prepare your supporting documentation (see criteria for each award category).
- Complete the online nomination survey and upload your signature sheet and supporting documentation by October 29th.
Normally all awards are given out annually and ties may be considered. Award recipients will be notified two weeks prior to a Faculty-wide reception in early December.
The goal of the FCAT Alumni Awards is to recognize alumni achievements in career, community service and research. Nominees must have graduated from an FCAT undergraduate or graduate program and cannot be current employees of SFU.
- Distinguished Alumni Award – this award recognizes the significant achievements of an FCAT alumnus to their profession and/or their community over a number of years.
- Young Alumni Award – this award recognizes outstanding achievements of an FCAT alumnus since graduation where the alumnus is aged 40 or under.
- Alum of the Year Award – this award recognizes an FCAT alumnus who has made an outstanding contribution in their field over the previous year.
Prizes: Each winner will receive a prize valued at $500.
Nominations can be made by faculty, staff, students or alumni from any school or program within FCAT.
Nominations must include:
- a summary letter that illustrates why the candidate is deserving of the award (maximum two pages)
Adjudication committee: a committee will be chaired by the FCAT Dean and include one staff or faculty member from each of FCAT’s schools and programs.