- Future students
- Current students
- Get involved
- Return to campus
FCAT Excellence Awards
The Faculty of Communication, Art, and Technology (FCAT) contains an amazing set of faculty, staff, students and alumni. The FCAT Excellence Awards were created to honour the hard work, dedication, and excellence that occurs across FCAT and beyond. The FCAT Research Excellence Awards were created in 2018 and FCAT Teaching, Staff, and Alumni awards followed in 2021 to further recognize the exemplary work done by current FCAT members and alumni.
- Complete the nomination signature sheet. This form must be signed by at least one nominator in addition to the nominee. This serves as recognition that nominee agrees to be nominated for the award.
- Prepare your supporting documentation (see criteria for each award category).
- Complete the online nomination survey and upload your signature sheet and supporting documentation by October 15th.
Normally all awards are given out annually and ties may be considered. Award recipients will be notified two weeks prior to a Faculty-wide reception in early December.
- FCAT EDI Award – this award recognizes the outstanding achievements of individuals or teams of FCAT staff, faculty, students or alumni who have advanced equity, diversity and inclusion through their work, research and/or contributions to the community. Team sizes may vary, but at least 2 members of the team must have been in FCAT for at least two years.
Nominations can be made by faculty, staff, students or alumni from any school or program within FCAT.
Nominations must include:
- a summary letter that illustrates why the candidate(s) is deserving of the award (maximum two pages)
Adjudication committee: a committee will be chaired by the FCAT Dean and include the Indigenous Student Liaison and one staff or faculty member from each of FCAT’s schools and programs.
Disclaimer: Great Northern Way Staff at the Master of Digital Media Program are not eligible for FCAT Awards.