- News & Events
- Student Life
- DELF-DALF Exams
- Programs in French
- Undergraduate Studies
- Graduate Studies
- Teacher Education
- For Inservice Teachers
Institut de langue française
The Explore Program is a five-week intensive language-immersion program offered by the government of Canada and available to PDP students at SFU. It provides a unique experience to perfect your French and to discover the cultural richness of the Canadian Francophonie.
Integration of the Explore Program into the PDP
Student teachers participating in EXPLORE spend a portion of the EDUC 404 semester completing coursework at SFU and another portion completing Distance Education coursework at a French educational institution in Canada:
- EDUC 400 Foundations of Education & Schooling (Sept-Dec)
- EDUC 401/402 Integration of Theory and Practice (Jan-April)
- EDUC 404 Professional Coursework (May-Aug) - possibility to participate in the Explore Program (July-Aug)*
- EDUC 405 Teaching Semester (Sept-Dec)
* Under certain conditions. Contact the PDP Coordinator to confirm your eligibility.
Cost and bursaries
The program cost is approximately $2800 that covers the major expenses for participating in the program (tuition fees for the programs, instructional materials, meals and accommodations, workshops, and other mandatory activities). Students are responsible for their transport and personal expenses.
If you meet the criteria, you can apply for a bursary of $2800 from the Minister of Education (http://www.myexplore.ca/). At the beginning of the first or second session of PDP, students will receive information about the program and the bursary.
Simon Fraser University
Faculty of Education
8888 University Drive
Burnaby, BC V5A 1S6