- News & Events
- Student Life
- DELF-DALF Exams
- Programs in French
- Undergraduate Studies
- Graduate Studies
- Teacher Education
- For Inservice Teachers
Bursary for Graduate Studies in French in Education
Bursary for Teachers - University Courses in French
We are pleased to announce that for the period of 2021-2022, the B.C. Ministry of Education has mandated Simon Fraser University's (SFU) Office of Francophone and Francophile Affairs (OFFA) to manage the "Bursary for Teachers - University Courses in French".
Description of the bursary
This bursary is for BC certified inservice teachers or teachers working with a letter of permission who are enrolled in Graduate Studies in education at SFU. The program must be primarily in French.
The following programs are eligible:
- Graduate Diploma in Education (GDE)
- Master’s in Education, online or on campus
- Doctorate in Education (EdD and PhD)
The bursary is intended exclusively for payment of tuition fees.
- Per term, the amount of the bursary represents a maximum of 25% of tuition fees paid and is capped at $600
- Per program, the maximum amount is $1500 per year during 2 years for the GDE and Master’s programs, $2000 per year during 3 years for the Doctorate programs
- Tuition waivers, financial awards and tuition credit fees will be deducted from the tuition fee amounts used to calculate the bursary amount.
- Candidates must be BC certified inservice teachers, teachers on call or teachers working with a letter of permission
- Candidates must be enrolled in a program with credit courses on the methodology of teaching French or other credit courses at SFU
- The courses must be taught primarily in French, and can be face-to-face or online
- Candidates must complete the term. If for any reason, students withdraw from the program during the term, SFU reserves the right to demand reimbursement of the amounts paid.
How to apply for the bursary
- Complete the online bursary application form (an email with a link will be sent to eligible students)
- Complete an application for each term of studies
|Summer 2021||Saturday September 18, 2021 at 8:00 am to Sunday October 10, 2021 at 11:59 pm*|
|Fall 2021||Saturday September 18, 2021 at 8:00 am to Sunday October 10, 2021 at 11:59 pm*|
|Spring 2022||Saturday January 08, 2022 at 8:00 am to Sunday January 30, 2022 at 11:59 pm*|
* Attention : You will receive a different url link for each session. You will have to apply for each session.
- Bursaries will be awarded on a first-come first-served basis until funds are exhausted.
- Only bursary recipients will be notified by email. If funds are exhausted, non-recipients will not be notified.
- Payments will be made into the SFU student accounts.
- Payments will be made according to the following schedule:
|Summer 2021||December 2021*|
|Fall 2021||December 2021*|
|Spring 2022||March 2022*|
*ATTENTION : At the date of this communication, the renewal of the agreement with the BC Ministry of Education has not been signed yet. Payments may be postponed to a later date if the agreement has not signed at the proposed payment date.
- The bursary can be combined with other sources of funding.
- The bursary is a taxable benefit. T4A forms will be available for the students on Gosfu.
- Non-certified teachers must submit a letter of permission from their school to email@example.com in support of their application.
For more information about the bursary, please contact Fara Razafinarivo (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Other sources of funding
This bursary is made possible with the participation of the Government of Canada and the Ministry of Education of British Columbia.