- News & Events
- Current undergraduates
- Current Undergraduates
- ABOUT THE PROGRAM
- Advising & Student Resources
- Scholarships and Awards
- Careers and Co-op
- Student Profiles & Life
- SFU Environmental Science Student Union
- Tackling Environmental Problems
- Spring 2020
- Spring 2021
- Spring 2022
- Prospective Students
Find out how you can get involved with the SFU Environmental Science Community:
- Join the Environmental Science Student Union - The Environmental Science Student Union (EVSCSU) was established in 2001 and provides a framework of communication among the Environmental Science students at SFU. The EVSCSU is a place for people with similar interests to get together, network and enjoy their time at SFU. EVSCSU members meet frequently at the time and location listed on their Facebook group and Website.
- Join the Environmental Science Co-op Program
- Attend an Environmental Science Event
- Join SFU Exchange and Study Abroad Program
Find out some of the experiential learning opportunities:
MEET OUR STUDENTS
"I believe that Environmental Science is a valuable area of study with the ongoing changes that are occurring within our planet"
“A career in law could allow me to follow my environmental passion and utilize my scientific background, while also addressing the social justice issues.”
“I didn’t fully understand the work a scientist would do so it was difficult to picture myself as one. After I took an environment course, I realized where my true passions lie.”
"Xuzheng's advice to anyone thinking of transferring to the Environmental Science is "know your goal, just do it, and enjoy!"
“Environmental Science is blending statistics, mathematics, biology, chemistry and physics to find environmental solutions.”
"I’m interested in learning about the interactions between organisms and environment. I hope that I can be a part of maintaining the planet’s biodiversity and ecosystems."
During her first year at SFU, Tesicca became the youngest member on the Mayor of City of Vancouver’s Engaged City Task Force.
"The Environmental Science Program set me up well for a research career. I am extremely grateful for these experiences"
"After graduation, I am moving out east to work as an Air Quality Scientist with an environmental consulting company. I'm excited to work with industry and government partners"
"My choice to study Environmental Science was purely driven by my interest in the subject"
"The environmental science program has been an incredible, transformative, and educational journey"
“I am happy to be an Environmental Science student as it introduced me to different concepts and helped me find the area of research I am most interested in"