- General safety
- Research safety
- Construction safety
- Safety committees
Our safe return to campus, along with post-secondary institutions across the province, will follow BC’s Restart Plan, the COVID-19 Return to Campus Guidelines and WorkSafeBC. The Province of BC and Worksafe BC have asked all BC post-secondary institutions to move away from unit-specific COVID-19 safety plans to university-wide Communicable Disease Plan.
SFU has adopted a university-wide Communicable Disease Plan
Effective July 21, 2021, SFU has adopted a university-wide Communicable Disease Plan.
SFU’s Communicable Disease Plan highlights ongoing measures SFU is taking to prevent the spread of COVID-19 and all communicable diseases, eg H1N1, measles, the flu etc…
How Faculties and departments can adopt the Communicable Disease Plan
Faculties and departments no longer need to develop their own safety plans and can transition to the prevention measures outlined in the Communicable Disease Plan and Step 3 of BC’s Restart plan.
- Read the Communicable Disease Plan Overview that provides the information faculties and departments need to make the transition. Download the Communicable Disease Plan Overview
- Replace outdated signage - Download the signage package
- Take the SFU Safety Orientation required by WorkSafe BC for all staff and faculty.
Existing in-person teaching safety plans for the summer
These plans should remain in place until the end of the summer term (e.g. classrooms, teaching labs, etc). Non-medical masks and physical distancing will continue to be required in courses where they are part of existing safety plans.
The transition can start now and should be complete by the end of the summer.
Continue to be kind and understanding as we all move at our own pace
The next few months will be the biggest change we’ve faced since the start of the pandemic. So be flexible, talk to others about what they are comfortable with and give yourself and others the time you need to adjust.
- Read SFU's Communicable Disease Plan
- Attend the RTC Information Session: SFU’s Communicable Disease Plan – July 22
- Take the SFU’s online Safety Orientation
- Visit the Return to Campus website
- Read BC’s COVID-19 Return to Campus Guidelines
- Read Worksafe BC’s Guide for Employers
COVID-19 related safety concerns?
Please use anonymous webform