Contact the Sexual Violence Support & Prevention Office
Tel: 778-782-7233 | email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Support is available at the Sexual Violence Support and Prevention Office for campus community members including students, staff and faculty who are impacted by sexual violence. You can receive support regardless of when or where the incident took place. The office provides Coordinated access to other SFU services to minimize retelling your experience.
The Sexual Violence Support and Prevention Office is a safe place where you can share your experience without judgment or assumptions. We work from a survivor centered and trauma informed approach that empowers survivors to choose what their support needs are. If you don’t feel comfortable coming to the office, we can meet you at another location. We provide support to all campuses and can arrange an appointment at the Surrey or Downtown campus.
The SVSPO provides confidential and ongoing assistance including:
- Free and confidential support, information and advice
- Referrals to on and off campus supports and resources as needed
- Personalized safety planning
- Information on confidentiality
- Information on reporting options available to you, and assistance with accessing these options
- Assistance in navigating court processes
- Transportation options to the hospital, police or other emergency services
- Information packages for yourself or a friend who has experienced sexual violence
- Streamlined assistance with academic, workplace or other accommodations at SFU
- Provide support and advice for those who have received a disclosure
For information on SFU’s Sexual Violence and Misconduct policy, GP 44, click here.