Reporting to Professional Bodies

Professionals working in the public sector are regulated by their occupation’s professional bodies. If you have been subjected to sexual harassment or assault by a professional in BC who is regulated by any of these professional bodies, you can file a complaint to the respective professional body. After the complaint is filed, an investigation will occur, and the report may be referred to a Disciplinary Committee. You may also be eligible for funding for counselling or therapy while engaged in the process.  

For a list of professional bodies in BC please visit the Professional Regulatory Authorities page on the Province of British Columbia’s website 

To find out more about these options, you can connect with an SVSPO case manager by reaching out by email or by visiting our Contact Us page for more options.