- Records Management
- About FIPPA
- Access to Information (FOI)
- Breaches & Complaints
- Changes & Corrections
- Information Disclosure
- Privacy Impact Assessments
- Links and Resources
- Digital preservation
- Staff resources
- Faculty resources
- Researcher resources
- Donor resources
- Mission, vision and values
- Contact us
- Feedback and comments
- Archival Film Flashes Back to 70s Student Life
- Manuscript Traces SFU's Architectural History
- Early University News Publications Now Digitally Available
- Digitized Programs Commemorate SFU’s Opening & Installation Ceremonies
- Archives Celebrates Fall Convocation with Release of Digitized Programs
- Films Capture Visual History and Sentiment of Time Gone By
- Lost and Found: Simon Fraser Letters
- Oral History Provides Glimpse into Mind of SFU’s First Chancellor Gordon Shrum
- Early SFU Photos Tell a Story That Frames Our World
- Aerial Photos Capture Campus Landscape & Photographer’s Legacy
- You have what...?!! and other interesting things you didn't know about the SFU Archives
- Charting the course of history: documenting SFU's early days from the student perspective (Part 1)
- Charting the course of history: documenting SFU's early days from the student perspective (Part 2)
- Helping others find their history in the future: Preserving the records of the Students of Caribbean and African Ancestry at SFU
- Preserving the sparks of global revolution in the Adbusters Media Foundation fonds
- Reflections of a co-op student
- Debunking popular myths and conspiracies with the Barry Beyerstein fonds
- In "The Beginning...": First student film returns to SFU
- "Got any pictures of Terry Fox?"
- My summer in the archives: a co-op placement retrospective
Archives and Records Management Staff
University Archivist and Coordinator of Information and Privacy
Phone: (778) 782-2313
As University Archivist and Coordinator of Information and Privacy, Paul is responsible for the management of corporate records and information resources in all media across the university. He leads and supervises three integrated programmes encompassing records management, access to information and protection of privacy, and archives.
Paul has worked in the Archives since 2002 and has previously held the positions of Records Management Archivist, Staff Archivist, and Digital Records Archivist. He is a graduate of the University of British Columbia's School of Library, Archival and Information Studies and holds master's degrees in both Archival Studies (MAS) and Library and Information Studies (MLIS).
As Systems and University Records Archivist, Richard works with the Archives' born-digital and digitized holdings, developing and maintaining infrastructure, workflows and tools to ensure the long-term accessibility of digital archival materials, and he arranges and describes records in all media and formats, with a focus on university records.
Richard has worked in the Archives since 1998 and holds a Master of Archival Studies (MAS) degree from the University of British Columbia. He currently serves as co-chair of the AtoM Foundation's Roadmap Committee.
Information and Privacy Archivist
Phone: (778) 782-2121
Robert is responsible for processing and coordinating access to information requests under the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, and for coordinating activities relating to the protection of personal information at the University. Robert has worked as an information professional for both municipal and provincial government, including the BC Liquor Distribution Branch and the City of Delta.
Robert is a graduate of the University of British Columbia's School of Library Archival and Information Studies program and holds a Master of Archival Studies (MAS) degree.
As Acquisitions and Outreach Archivist, Melanie works to raise awareness of the Archives at SFU and amongst the broader research community. In doing so, she collaborates with faculty to integrate archival materials and instruction into teaching and research activitives at the University. Melanie is also responsible for the strategic development of research collections and serves as the liaison to individuals and groups interested in donating material to the Archives.
Melanie has worked as an archivist in academic, municipal and insitutional archives, most recently as Special Collections Archivist at the Simon Fraser University Library. She is a graduate of the University of British Columbia's School of Library, Archival and Informations Studies and holds a Master of Archival Studies (MAS) degree.
As Records Management Archivist, Shamin is responsible for for the continued development, implementation, and maintenance of the records management program, which aims to ensure that the University’s current and future records and information management needs are met.
Shamin has worked as an information professional in a variety of public and private sector settings across Western Canada. She also served as President of the Archives Society of Alberta, 2014-2018. Shamin is a graduate of the University of British Columbia's School of Library, Archival and Informations Studies and holds a Master of Archival Studies (MAS) and a Master of Library and Information Studies (MLIS).
Privacy Legal Counsel
Phone: (778) 782-4042
As Privacy Legal Counsel, Erika serves as the key advisor with respect to the administration of British Columbia's Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA), and is responsible for evaluating University policies, agreements, and Privacy Impact Assessments to ensure overall compliance with FIPPA.
Erika received her law degree from the University of Victoria in 2016.
As Privacy Legal Counsel, Ernest evaluates University policies, agreements, and Privacy Impact Assessments to ensure overall compliance with British Columbia's Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA).
Matthew handles routine researcher inquiries and assists the Archives program in digitizing, accessioning and arranging and describing records. He also provides administrative support to the department, including budget tracking, maintenance of the departmental website, and updating documents such as procedures and guidelines.
The Records Centre Clerk provides operational support for the Records Management, Archival, and Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Programs. The position processes departmental records transfers and retrievals from the University Records Centre, acting as the Archives and Records Management Department's primary contact in the provision of these services.