- Records Management
- About FIPPA
- Access to Information (FOI)
- Breaches & Complaints
- Changes & Corrections
- Information Disclosure
- Privacy Impact Assessments
- Links and Resources
- Digital preservation
- Staff resources
- Faculty resources
- Researcher resources
- Donor resources
- Mission, vision and values
- Contact us
- Feedback and comments
- Archival Film Flashes Back to 70s Student Life
- Manuscript Traces SFU's Architectural History
- Early University News Publications Now Digitally Available
- Digitized Programs Commemorate SFU’s Opening & Installation Ceremonies
- Archives Celebrates Fall Convocation with Release of Digitized Programs
- Films Capture Visual History and Sentiment of Time Gone By
- Lost and Found: Simon Fraser Letters
- Oral History Provides Glimpse into Mind of SFU’s First Chancellor Gordon Shrum
- Early SFU Photos Tell a Story That Frames Our World
- Aerial Photos Capture Campus Landscape & Photographer’s Legacy
- You have what...?!! and other interesting things you didn't know about the SFU Archives
- Charting the course of history: documenting SFU's early days from the student perspective (Part 1)
- Charting the course of history: documenting SFU's early days from the student perspective (Part 2)
- Helping others find their history in the future: Preserving the records of the Students of Caribbean and African Ancestry at SFU
- Preserving the sparks of global revolution in the Adbusters Media Foundation fonds
- Reflections of a co-op student
- Debunking popular myths and conspiracies with the Barry Beyerstein fonds
- In "The Beginning...": First student film returns to SFU
- "Got any pictures of Terry Fox?"
- My summer in the archives: a co-op placement retrospective
Handling breaches and making complaints
What is a breach?
A privacy breach occurs when personal information is accessed, collected, used, disclosed or disposed of in ways that do not comply with the provisions of FIPPA. The most common breach of personal privacy is the unauthorized disclosure of personal information, which may be the result of loss, theft or error. Whatever the cause of the breach, it should be reported and dealt with immediately.
What is a complaint?
If you believe the university has collected, used or disclosed your personal information inappropriately, you have the right to report it. You do so by filing a complaint.