- Records Management
- About FIPPA
- Access to Information (FOI)
- Breaches & Complaints
- Changes & Corrections
- Information Disclosure
- Privacy Impact Assessments
- Links and Resources
- Digital preservation
- Staff resources
- Faculty resources
- Researcher resources
- Donor resources
- Mission, vision and values
- Contact us
- Feedback and comments
- Our blog
- Archival Film Flashes Back to 70s Student Life
- Manuscript Traces SFU's Architectural History
- Early University News Publications Now Digitally Available
- Digitized Programs Commemorate SFU’s Opening & Installation Ceremonies
- Archives Celebrates Fall Convocation with Release of Digitized Programs
- Films Capture Visual History and Sentiment of Time Gone By
- Lost and Found: Simon Fraser Letters
- Oral History Provides Glimpse into Mind of SFU’s First Chancellor Gordon Shrum
- Early SFU Photos Tell a Story That Frames Our World
- Aerial Photos Capture Campus Landscape & Photographer’s Legacy
- You have what...?!! and other interesting things you didn't know about the SFU Archives
- Charting the course of history: documenting SFU's early days from the student perspective (Part 1)
- Charting the course of history: documenting SFU's early days from the student perspective (Part 2)
- Helping others find their history in the future: Preserving the records of the Students of Caribbean and African Ancestry at SFU
- Preserving the sparks of global revolution in the Adbusters Media Foundation fonds
- Reflections of a co-op student
- Debunking popular myths and conspiracies with the Barry Beyerstein fonds
- In "The Beginning...": First student film returns to SFU
- "Got any pictures of Terry Fox?"
- My summer in the archives: a co-op placement retrospective
- Seeing the world through Arthur Erickson's eyes
- Beer (records) in the Archives!
Many of the records held by SFU Archives come from private donors. We welcome inquiries from faculty, students, staff, alumni, organizations, and members of the general public wishing to donate records. Through your generous donations, we are able to build our holdings and preserve and make available your stories, memories, and achievements for future generations. Contact us to contribute.
Private Records Acquisition Policy
Learn more about the types of records we acquire from private individuals and organizations.
How to donate to the Archives
Everything you need to know about donating your records.
The impact of your materials
Each record in the Archives preserves knowledge to impact research and discovery for years to come. When a fonds or collection is donated, it brings new perspectives to the historical record, filling in gaps and encouraging new scholarship and dialogues.
Material donated to the Archives is used for teaching and learning within the University and beyond, and provides unique primary source material for research and creative projects produced by students, faculty and other scholars and members of the general community.
Published research using archival resources
Records from SFU Archives' holdings have provided source material for a number of published works, including books and theses, documentaries, journal and newspaper articles, and exhibitions. Explore all Published Research.
Jay Triano on Terry Fox
In 2011, TSN visited the SFU Archives as part of researching this award-winning piece on the relationship between NBA Coach and SFU Alumnus Jay Triano, and Canadian hero and SFU Alumnus Terry Fox. Several of the archival photos used in the segment have been copied from SFU's archival holdings.
Latest updates and collaborations
Learn about some of our recent collaborations with donors of archival material.