- Records Management
- Digital preservation
Training - Records Management
The Records Management Program offers three workshops for administrative and clerical staff at SFU. Below are copies of the teaching aids for each workshop. Many of these aids provide helpful record-keeping tips and outline best practices. They have been provided here as a resource for SFU staff. The documents can be downloaded and kept as a resource.
If you are interested in attending training, visit Human Resources' Learning and Development for a list of scheduled workshops.
Records Management Fundamentals
This introductory course provides the basic language and skills needed to work with SFUs records management program and the RRSDAs.
- What is Records Management?
- University Records Centre: Overview of Services
- Procedures for Transferring Records to the University Records Centre
- Procedures for Retrieving Files from the University Records Centre
- Retention and Disposal Cheat Sheet
- Standard Naming Conventions for Electronic Records
- Key to Abbreviations
- Glossary of Terms
Records Retention Scheduling
- Preparing a Transfer: Exercise Instructions
- File list
- Sample Records Retentions Schedules and Disposal Authorities