- Records Management
- About FIPPA
- Privacy Management Program
- Access to Information (FOI)
- Breaches & Complaints
- Changes & Corrections
- Information Disclosure
- Privacy Impact Assessments
- Links and Resources
- Digital preservation
- Staff resources
- Faculty resources
- Researcher resources
- Donor resources
- Mission, vision and values
- Contact us
- Feedback and comments
- Our blog
- Archival Film Flashes Back to 70s Student Life
- Manuscript Traces SFU's Architectural History
- Early University News Publications Now Digitally Available
- Digitized Programs Commemorate SFU’s Opening & Installation Ceremonies
- Archives Celebrates Fall Convocation with Release of Digitized Programs
- Films Capture Visual History and Sentiment of Time Gone By
- Lost and Found: Simon Fraser Letters
- Oral History Provides Glimpse into Mind of SFU’s First Chancellor Gordon Shrum
- Early SFU Photos Tell a Story That Frames Our World
- Aerial Photos Capture Campus Landscape & Photographer’s Legacy
- You have what...?!! and other interesting things you didn't know about the SFU Archives
- Charting the course of history: documenting SFU's early days from the student perspective (Part 1)
- Charting the course of history: documenting SFU's early days from the student perspective (Part 2)
- Helping others find their history in the future: Preserving the records of the Students of Caribbean and African Ancestry at SFU
- Preserving the sparks of global revolution in the Adbusters Media Foundation fonds
- Reflections of a co-op student
- Debunking popular myths and conspiracies with the Barry Beyerstein fonds
- In "The Beginning...": First student film returns to SFU
- "Got any pictures of Terry Fox?"
- My summer in the archives: a co-op placement retrospective
- Seeing the world through Arthur Erickson's eyes
- Beer (records) in the Archives!
- Quartet in the Quadrangle: PSQ Records Come to SFU
- Navigating silences and filling gaps: finding Black stories in the Archives
- Boxes, boxes, and more boxes: my summer co-op at SFU Archives
Directory of university records
The Directory of University Records (DUR) is a guide to the records and record-keeping systems maintained by Simon Fraser University in its administrative offices and academic faculties, departments, schools, centres and research institutes.
The DUR contains three major resources to aid with records management: The Records Retention Schedules and Disposal Authorities (RRSDAs), the Personal Information Directory (PID) and the Model File Classification Plan.
Please be advised the Directory of University Records is undergoing revisions. Some of the RRSDAs and PIBs may be out of date. Anticipated launch of the revised site is spring 2023. Please direct any questions to the Records Management Archivist firstname.lastname@example.org.
Records Retention Schedules and Disposal Authorities (RRSDAS)
RRSDAs regulate the retention periods of various series of records and specify the final disposition of the records at the end of the retention period (destruction or transfer to Archives).
Personal Information Directory (PID)
The Personal Information Directory describes and locates the Personal Information Banks (PIBs) created at SFU. A PIB is a collection of personal information that is organized by and capable of being retrieved using an individual's name, identifying number or some other personal identifier.