- Records Management
- About FIPPA
- Access to Information (FOI)
- Breaches & Complaints
- Changes & Corrections
- Information Disclosure
- Privacy Impact Assessments
- Links and Resources
- Digital preservation
- Staff resources
- Faculty resources
- Researcher resources
- Donor resources
- Mission, vision and values
- Contact us
- Feedback and comments
- Archival Film Flashes Back to 70s Student Life
- Manuscript Traces SFU's Architectural History
- Early University News Publications Now Digitally Available
- Digitized Programs Commemorate SFU’s Opening & Installation Ceremonies
- Archives Celebrates Fall Convocation with Release of Digitized Programs
- Films Capture Visual History and Sentiment of Time Gone By
- Lost and Found: Simon Fraser Letters
- Oral History Provides Glimpse into Mind of SFU’s First Chancellor Gordon Shrum
- Early SFU Photos Tell a Story That Frames Our World
- Aerial Photos Capture Campus Landscape & Photographer’s Legacy
- You have what...?!! and other interesting things you didn't know about the SFU Archives
- Charting the course of history: documenting SFU's early days from the student perspective (Part 1)
- Charting the course of history: documenting SFU's early days from the student perspective (Part 2)
- Helping others find their history in the future: Preserving the records of the Students of Caribbean and African Ancestry at SFU
- Preserving the sparks of global revolution in the Adbusters Media Foundation fonds
- Reflections of a co-op student
- Debunking popular myths and conspiracies with the Barry Beyerstein fonds
- In "The Beginning...": First student film returns to SFU
- "Got any pictures of Terry Fox?"
- My summer in the archives: a co-op placement retrospective
Publicly Available Information
Simon Fraser University is committed to openness and transparency in its operations and activities. Located below is a directory of information SFU proactively releases on a routine or periodic basis to the public without the need of filing a formal access request to information under British Columbia's Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA). As a public university dedicated to teaching and learning, research and scholarly activity, and public engagement, we routinely makes large amounts of institutional and other information publicly available on our website.
Information not listed in this proactive disclosure directory may be subject to privacy and confidentiality exceptions to the public's general right of access. If you are looking for information not listed in this directory, contact the university department or office that is likely to have the records to which you seek access. Discuss your information needs with a staff member to determine if records exist that respond to your request and if those records can be disclosed to your directly by that department or office. If the information you seek cannot be routinely disclosed, you can submit a formal access request. See How to Request Access to University Records Under the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
We appreciate feedback on our proactive disclosure efforts. If you have questions, comments or ideas about information that you believe should be listed in this directory, complete our Feedback and Comments form.
Records relating to the day-to-day management and operation of university and departmental offices.
Records relating to the promotion of the university's mission, departments and programs, and expansion of its resources.
Records relating to meetings, deliberations and acitivities of university, faculty and department committees.
Records relating to the collection, analysis and dissemination of information about the university, its departments and activities.
Records relating to the management of university and departmental facilities and properties.
Records relating to the management of university and departmental financial resources.
Records relating to the self-governance of the university and departments as organizations.
Records relating to the management of university faculty, staff and contractors.
Records relating to the management of the university's information resources.
Records relating to work furthering the growth of knowledge in its various branches.
Records relating to the documentation of students' academic history and provision of support services to students.
Records relating to the provision of instruction in the various branches of knowledge.