- Records Management
- Digital preservation
Good records management ensures that the right information gets to the right people at the right time for the right purposes. Every department needs to manage its records; the SFU Records Management Program provides the resources and expertise to make that job a little easier.
The Records Management Program
The program provides advice and services relating to records and information management. This includes:
- Developing and implementing records retention schedules (RRSDAs) in consultation with departments.
- Advising departments on records classification and office record-keeping systems.
- Developing information-management policies and procedures.
- Maintaining the Directory of University Records (DUR), which contains information relating to records retention, personal information banks and file classification.
- Operating the University Records Centre (URC) for storage of departmental semi-active records.
- Delivering staff training on records management principles.
- Communicating information about records management to departmental contacts.
- Advising on electronic records management strategies, including information systems, databases, email and multimedia documents.
Archives, Recorded Information Management, and Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy.
Retention and Disposal of Student Exams or Assignments
Looking for more information? This document explains why good records management helps you in your daily business.
If you have questions, please contact the Records Management Archivist.