At SFU, our goals are to attract and retain the best diverse and inclusive talent. Job evaluation is one of many tools that helps us do that.
We utilize job evaluation systems to objectively determine the relative value of jobs within the University through a systematic study and detailed analysis of job duties, accountability and requirements.
Job evaluation is the foundation for understanding and organizing work by:
- Defining and assigning value of all components of work that make up a job.
- Comparing jobs relative to other jobs internally.
- Basing it on the overall job value and assigning the appropriate salary.
- Understanding how internal jobs compare with similar jobs externally.
Start by contacting your HR Strategic Business Partner Services Team and check out these links:
- How do I submit a Job Evaluation or Re-Evaluation?
- CUPE - For more information, please click here
- APSA/APEX - Please view this video (2.51 minutes) to learn about the SFU HAY Methodology: