- Prospective Students
- Co-op Registration
- Research Awards and Competitions
- Advising and Support
- Algebraic and Arithmetic Geometry
- Applied Combinatorics
- Applied Mathematics
- Computer Algebra
- Discrete Mathematics
- History of Mathematics
- Industrial Mathematics
- Mathematics, Genomics & Prediction in Infection & Evolution - MAGPIE
- Mathematics and Data
- Mathematics of Communications
- Number Theory
- Operations Research
- Centre for Operations Research and Decision Sciences
- About Us
- Math Internal Resources
Advising services update
Due to precautionary measures recently put in place to address COVID-19, in-person advising going forward will be changed to Zoom, email, and phone advising.
Drop-in Advising Times (REMOTE)
Zoom link: https://sfu.zoom.us/my/sfumathadvisor
Dates and Times:
- Sept 21, 1:00pm - 3:00pm PST (Zoom)
- Sept 22, 10:30am - 12:00pm PST (Zoom)
- Sept 24, 12:30pm - 3:00pm PST (Zoom)
Please ensure emails are sent from your SFU account. Include your student number and attach your SFU advising transcript, if possible.
Introducting Advisor Link
We’re excited to announce Science has launched Advisor Link, an online booking system for academic advising appointments. Starting July 28, 2021, you can login or get more information about Advisor Link. Click here for the instructional video. Note this portal is only available for Science students currently.
For non-Science students, please continue to email the advising account, firstname.lastname@example.org (do not call the office line). For certain inquiries (course planning for declared students, degree progress checks, etc.), students may request a booked appointment via phone or Zoom.
Get in touch for help with:
Questions about admission requirements for joining the majors/honours or minor programs.
- course enrollments
- assessment tests
- degree progress
- achieving academic success
- major and minor programs
- careers and opportunities