- Campus public safety
- Campus security
- Keys, cards & alarms
- Traffic safety
SFU is working to implement a standardized Enterprise Safety & Security System (ESSS) across all campuses. The ESSS is not a single product or application but rather a variety of systems that can be integrated so that they work together which provides the best solution for the University's needs.
Traditional security systems include:
- Card readers
- Motion detectors
- Door contacts
- Local audible alarm (siren)
- Panic buttons
- Washroom assistance alarms
- Glass break detectors
- CCTV cameras
- Code Blue Phones
- PC Santis alarms
The ESSS project looks to integrate the above items with additional systems including:
- Mass notification including utilizing SFU display boards and PC's during emergencies
- Incident management software
Request a site review or security device
To request a security device, fill out the Security Systems Request Form:
Campus Public Safety receives the request and performs an on-site security survey as schedules allow.
The process of the security survey may include consultation with the requestor, Facilities Services, IT Services, Environmental Health and Safety, and contractors/vendors.
- Timeline: Surveys require 1-2 weeks to perform. If the matter is time-sensitive, please contact us directly to inform us of the request.
- Estimates: Please note recommendations may be differ between the initial request and the results based on evaluation.
- Costs: Once a security system is installed, Campus Public Safety is responsible for the administration of the device including monitoring. Costs associated with installation, any associated programming or maintenance and repair of the device in the event of failure, are the responsibility of the requester.