- Campus public safety
- Campus security
- Keys, cards & alarms
- Traffic safety
The Motorist Assistance Program assists students, faculty, staff and visitors experiencing vehicle problems while at the SFU Burnaby campus.
To request assistance call Campus Security: 778.782.3100
Our services include:
- Battery jump starts
- Emergency assistance
- Numbers for road assistance services (e.g. BCAA, road assistance)
- Providing SFU and transit maps
While we are not trained mechanics, we can loan you equipment and do what we can to get you on your way again.
Motor vehicle accidents
Need help? Call for assistance and learn what to do in the event of a motor vehicle accident on campus.
Accidents on SFU Burnaby
Familiarize yourself with what to do in case you are involved in a motor vehicle accident on the Burnaby campus.
Follow these steps:
- Call 9-1-1 if urgent medical attention is needed. Then call 778.782.4500 to advise Campus Security. Security will attend and help direct first responders to the scene.
- If urgent medical attention is not needed, still report the accident to Campus Security at 778.782.3100.
- Review the following instructions and information about Motor Vehicle Collisions from the Burnaby RCMP here.
- Report the accident to your insurance provider.
Contact phone numbers for the ICBC Dial-A-Claim Centre are:
- In the Lower Mainland: 604.520.8222
- Elsewhere in B.C., Canada, and the U.S.: 1.800.910.4222
Information for reporting an accident to ICBC can be found at http://www.icbc.com/claims