- Campus public safety
- Campus security
- Keys, cards & alarms
- Traffic safety
Last updated: December 8, 2022
Access to buildings varies by campus.
For immediate or urgent requests, contact Campus Public Safety at 778-782-7991.
For non-urgent access requests, email email@example.com with the subject line “Access Request” and include all relevant information (campus, date and location).
Normal campus operations have resumed. The perimeter doors of most buildings will be open 7 a.m. and 9 p.m., Monday to Friday.
Click here for the latest pedestrian access route map, which includes covered and accessible/ mobility routes.
Buildings opened beyond Monday-Friday 7 a.m. – 9 p.m.
- Applied Sciences Building (ASB) - open 7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. Monday - Friday and closed weekends and holidays
- Academic Quadrangle (AQ) - open 24 hours, 7 days a week, AQ 4000 level east and west stairwell doors open 7 a.m. – 6 p.m. on weekends and holidays
- TASC 1, 8000 North entrance from Science Road – open 24 hours, 7 days a week
- Saywell Hall, 9000 level entrance facing upper North lot door- open 7 a.m. – 6 p.m. on weekends and holidays
- Education Building, 8000 level most North entrance closer to lower North lot door - open 7 a.m. – 6 p.m. on weekends and holidays
For the latest updates at all campuses, visit SFU Library hours.
- Harbour Centre
- Monday - Thursday, 7:30 a.m. - 10:30 p.m.
- Friday, 7:30 a.m. - 9 p.m.
- Saturday - Sunday, 7:30 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- Goldcorp Centre for the Arts
- Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- Saturday, 12 p.m. - 5 p.m.
- Segal Building
- Monday - Saturday, 7:30 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- Centre for Dialogue
- Monday - Friday, 7 a.m. - 6 p.m.
*Building access outside of the times posted above requires a fob.
These following locations are not public facing and require a fob to access:
- 312 Main
- 611 Alexander
- Charles Chang
- VentureLabs (Reception desk is open Monday - Friday, 9 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.)
- 24/7 access to SFU students (with SFU ID cards), staff and faculty. General public access from 7 a.m. – 10 p.m.
- 24/7 access to SFU students (with SFU ID cards), staff and faculty. General public access from 7 a.m. – 6 p.m.