Support services

A number of health and safety support services are available at SFU. For information specific to persons in distress, visit our webpage.

Personal Safety and Violence Prevention

Campus Public Safety offers personal safety and violence prevention consultation, safety planning support and education to all SFU / FIC students, staff, and faculty. Services are available to support your in-person and online safety and security. Please report concerns and seek consultation directly by emailing us at: If you require immediate assistance or attendance from CPS, call 778.782.4500 or use the closest emergency phone on any campus.

Health and Counselling Services

Health and Counselling Services operates two health clinics at the Burnaby and Vancouver campuses. Counselling services are offered at all three SFU campuses. Book an appointment.

Sexual Violence Support & Prevention Office

Support is available at the Sexual Violence Support and Prevention Office (SVSPO) for campus community members including students, staff and faculty who are impacted by sexual violence.

Centre for Accessible Learning

The Centre for Accessible Learning (CAL) is dedicated to the academic development, retention and personal growth of all students at SFU. This includes a commitment to the continual improvement of educational accessibility for students with disabilities.

Indigenous Student Centre

The Indigenous Student Centre (ISC) is dedicated to providing Indigenous students with programs and services that are unique, cultural, and holistic.

Office of Student Support, Rights & Responsibilities

The Office of Student Support, Rights & Responsibilities provides consultation services, support and education to the SFU community on student conduct identification and response.

Human Rights Office

The Human Rights Office oversees issues pertaining to GP-18 with regard to discrimination, harassment based on the prohibited ground of discrimination, sexual harassment, and personal harassment.

Crime Prevention, Incident Response and Reporting

Learn how to report thefts and property damage along with other incidents to Campus Public Safety. Reporting helps the CPS team be responsive to concerning crime or non-criminal incident trends emerging on campus. To report an incident that has already occurred, email or call the CPS non-emergency line:778.782.7991. 

Women's Centre

Regardless of your orientation or identity, the Women’s Centre is a space that is dedicated to providing education and services to all visitors, including allies. Feel free to stop by anytime to ask questions, access our library, eat your lunch on our couches, or just say hi to staff and volunteers.

International Services for Students (ISS)

The International Services for Students (ISS) office provides support and services for all students seeking information regarding a variety of international learning opportunities.

Out on Campus

Out on Campus is a department of the Simon Fraser Student Society dedicated to supporting SFU’s LGBTQ+ students and allies. All are welcome to use our space and access our services.

Employee and Family Assistance Program

The SFU Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP) provides confidential, professional assistance to help you or your family members resolve problems that affect your personal and work lives.

Interfaith Centre

The Interfaith Centre seeks to facilitate living one’s faith, to support the spiritual well-being of students, staff and faculty, and to increase the understanding of and respect for religious beliefs and practices across all three campuses.


VictimLinkBC is a toll-free, confidential, multilingual telephone service available across B.C. and the Yukon 24/7. It provides information and referral services to all victims of crime and immediate crisis support to victims of family and sexual violence.


HealthLinkBC provides reliable non-emergency health information and advice via telephone, their website, a mobile app, and a collection of print resources. You can call HealthLinkBC toll-free by dialing 8-1-1, or for the deaf and the hard of hearing, call 7-1-1.