SFU Service Awards
Every year, Financial Aid and Awards accepts applications for the SFU Service Awards. The SFU Service Awards recognize outstanding unpaid service to the University community and/or the community at large, leadership and volunteer work. These awards are available to SFU undergraduate students but the B.C. Sugar Achievement Award is also available to SFU Faculty members. The application for the 2018 Service Awards is now closed. Successful applicants will be notified in late May.
The 2018 Service Awards application is now closed.
To apply for the SFU Service Awards you must:
- be in good academic standing and have a minimum CGPA of 2.00 at SFU during the term of application (waived in your first term at SFU).
- be enrolled in a minimum of 9 units of standard graded courses at SFU in any of the following three terms: Summer 2018, Spring 2018 or Fall 2017.
Please note that 3 unit Co-op is not a standard graded course. Challenge, audit and credit-free courses are not considered.
A student with a disability is eligible to apply for service awards if the student is enrolled in less than 9 units but no less than 6 units and meets all other eligibility requirements. The student has to provide a letter from SFU’s Centre for Students with Disabilities at the time of application.
How to apply
1. Review the SFU Service Awards to determine the service awards which you want to apply for.
2. Apply on-line during the application period (March 19 - April 10) by logging in to the Student Information System (go.sfu.ca). (Student Center/Financial Aid and Awards/Apply for Scholarships/Awards).
3. Submit the following supporting documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Unpaid Volunteer/Community Service Form
- Reference Form (2 references are required)
- Résumé outlining unpaid volunteer service, including the dates and total hours of service for the past 2 years (March 2016-March 2018).
- SFU Co-Curricular Record (CCR), if available.
- One page cover letter if required in the award's terms of reference.