- Enter now
- Get credit
- ACSSPA Sewing Mask Project
- Art for Comfort: Art for Connection
- BC Newcomer Camp
- Burnaby Mountain Festival
- Generation BXY
- Glow Within Foundation
- Haida Nerds
- Hastings Folk Garden Sound Map
- Indigenous Tutoring and Mentoring Program (ITMP)
- Math Walks
- NaloxHome SFU
- OMG I have ADHD
- Public Health Speaks
- ReRooting Relationships
- Singing Our Truths: Telling Our Stories
- Voices 4 Reconciliation
- Young Minds Exploring Science
- News & stories
- These 18 teams are springing into action with community
- Develop your capacity as a changemaker – and have fun!
- Embracing the complexity: pivoting as a practice.
- You know what’s not scary? $3,000 to fund your awesome project.
- SFU student creates youth-led overdose education and naloxone training during B.C.’s overdose crisis
- SFU student-community partnership creates local impact in Surrey
- SFU Students Exemplify the Spirit of Innovation and Community Engagement at the Annual President’s Gala
- Co-creation is difficult. And it's worth it.
- Hands-on for impact
- Congratulations to this year’s winners!
- On power and engagement – an interview with Aslam Bulbulia (excerpted)
- Herbert’s story: how one shopping cart made a difference.
- Don't wait for perfection – jump in
- Congratulations to our 2017-18 finalists and winners
- Discover what’s possible when university students and communities work together
- Contact us
Surrey Faces is a photo installation that honours the interconnectivity of individuals and their environments.
Our vision is to engage our neighbourhoods of Whalley and Surrey Centre and create and install large-scale portraits printed on plexi-glass material. The plexi portraits will be accompanied by narratives of each individual that will be shared online. The narratives will be printed in English and in the subject’s mother language. QR codes will be placed on the printed portraits to enable people to easily access the subject’s story online.
Our plan is to showcase our neighbourhood’s diversity and strength through beautiful portraiture and storytelling. We will photograph 10 individuals from 10 different cultural backgrounds within our neighbourhood of Whalley/Surrey Central who represent the strength and compassion that is central to our community. We will then share the stories of those individuals online and create a custom hashtag to allow the public to connect to those stories.
2017 Surrey Engagement Award Winner
Hey, students – Doyou have an idea to ignite change?
Get funded to work together with your community to bring that idea to life? Amazing things happen when people come together (especially when you win up to $3,000* to work with)!
Register today – all you need is your name and a brief description of your idea.