- Enter now
- Get credit
- ACSSPA Sewing Mask Project
- Art for Comfort: Art for Connection
- BC Newcomer Camp
- Burnaby Mountain Festival
- Generation BXY
- Glow Within Foundation
- Haida Nerds
- Hastings Folk Garden Sound Map
- Indigenous Tutoring and Mentoring Program (ITMP)
- Math Walks
- NaloxHome SFU
- OMG I have ADHD
- Public Health Speaks
- ReRooting Relationships
- Singing Our Truths: Telling Our Stories
- Voices 4 Reconciliation
- Young Minds Exploring Science
- News & stories
- These 18 teams are springing into action with community
- Develop your capacity as a changemaker – and have fun!
- Embracing the complexity: pivoting as a practice.
- You know what’s not scary? $3,000 to fund your awesome project.
- SFU student creates youth-led overdose education and naloxone training during B.C.’s overdose crisis
- SFU student-community partnership creates local impact in Surrey
- SFU Students Exemplify the Spirit of Innovation and Community Engagement at the Annual President’s Gala
- Co-creation is difficult. And it's worth it.
- Hands-on for impact
- Congratulations to this year’s winners!
- On power and engagement – an interview with Aslam Bulbulia (excerpted)
- Herbert’s story: how one shopping cart made a difference.
- Don't wait for perfection – jump in
- Congratulations to our 2017-18 finalists and winners
- Discover what’s possible when university students and communities work together
- Contact us
Action for Food Security
Team member: Katie Mai
Action for Food Security is a one-day, interactive multi-cultural event themed around food security. There will be 20-30 activity booths run by community agencies, and several more information booths to provide resources related to food. This will also be a venue for dialogue, with facilitated idea boards and questionnaires spread around the event. It will celebrate the diversity of cultures in Surrey, with music, performances, and a variety of foods. Event objectives are for Guildford residents to build their food literacy and connectedness to community resources and supports; share concerns and ideas related to food security in their community; an opportunity to identify passionate residents to become community champions to discuss shared issues and respond collectively; an popportunity for sharing food and traditions, diversity of Surrey will be honoured and celebrated.
Hey, students – Doyou have an idea to ignite change?
Get funded to work together with your community to bring that idea to life? Amazing things happen when people come together (especially when you win up to $3,000* to work with)!
Register today – all you need is your name and a brief description of your idea.