- Enter now
- Get credit
News & stories
- You know what’s not scary? $3,000 to fund your awesome project.
- SFU student creates youth-led overdose education and naloxone training during B.C.’s overdose crisis
- SFU student-community partnership creates local impact in Surrey
- SFU Students Exemplify the Spirit of Innovation and Community Engagement at the Annual President’s Gala
- Co-creation is difficult. And it's worth it.
- Hands-on for impact
- Congratulations to this year’s winners!
- On power and engagement – an interview with Aslam Bulbulia (excerpted)
- Herbert’s story: how one shopping cart made a difference.
- Don't wait for perfection – jump in
- Congratulations to our 2017-18 finalists and winners
- Discover what’s possible when university students and communities work together
- Wow! Over 80 registered and 27 ideas submitted
- A bit of passion and commitment
- Reflections on a community health engagement program
- Two new awards for engaging Burnaby
- Only one more night of Compose The Space
- Contact us
Surrey Centre: Mini-Maker Faire
An all-day workshop engaging educators and community in learning about maker pedagogy.
Maker pedagogy is a powerful educative approach that supports learning and knowing through experiences; it allows for the consideration of “curricular possibilities of asking students to design, create, adapt, or ethically hack (take apart for purposes of understanding) technological devices” (Bullock & Sator, 2015, p. 75).
The Surrey Centre Mini-Maker Faire Project will make connections amongst teachers, teacher candidates, parents, and students/children and bring together the maker in all of us. The aim of this project is to build community collaborations and capacity through Maker Pedagogy as a catalyst for supporting the engagement of design thinking and hands-on experiential activities as powerful learning.
Hey, students – do you have an idea to ignite change?
Get funded to work together with your community to bring that idea to life? Amazing things happen when people come together (especially when you win up to $3,000 to work with)!
Register today – all you need is your name and a brief description of your idea.