- Enter now
- Competition Info
- ACSSPA Sewing Mask Project
- Art for Comfort: Art for Connection
- BC Newcomer Camp
- Burnaby Mountain Festival
- Generation BXY
- Glow Within Foundation
- Haida Nerds
- Hastings Folk Garden Sound Map
- Indigenous Tutoring and Mentoring Program (ITMP)
- Math Walks
- NaloxHome SFU
- OMG I have ADHD
- Public Health Speaks
- ReRooting Relationships
- Singing Our Truths: Telling Our Stories
- Voices 4 Reconciliation
- Young Minds Exploring Science
- News & stories
- These 18 teams are springing into action with community
- Develop your capacity as a changemaker – and have fun!
- Embracing the complexity: pivoting as a practice.
- You know what’s not scary? $3,000 to fund your awesome project.
- SFU student creates youth-led overdose education and naloxone training during B.C.’s overdose crisis
- SFU student-community partnership creates local impact in Surrey
- SFU Students Exemplify the Spirit of Innovation and Community Engagement at the Annual President’s Gala
- Co-creation is difficult. And it's worth it.
- Hands-on for impact
- Congratulations to this year’s winners!
- On power and engagement – an interview with Aslam Bulbulia (excerpted)
- Herbert’s story: how one shopping cart made a difference.
- Don't wait for perfection – jump in
- Congratulations to our 2017-18 finalists and winners
- Discover what’s possible when university students and communities work together
- Contact us
Team members: Shemaiah Chiu (SFU), Angelica Valdez (SFU) and Vivian Wong (SFU)
Who we are
The answer for any child to fully recover from psychological scars and physical injuries isn't just medicine and tests, but in fact, it involves the power of love our community brings. Every day, children are adapting to their medical conditions alongside many treatments which can be stressful, scary, and isolating. As a team, we believe that every child should have the right to just be a kid and have fun! With this vision, True Colours, a sticker project, aims to provide a new creative platform for young children in health institutions to freely express themselves and share their journey by designing their own stickers. We chose the form of a sticker because of the endless possibilities each child can create. They’ll be able to trade stickers with friends or place it somewhere to bring happiness to others. As each child has their own story, each sticker will be unique in their own ways! Over the 8-week program, our goal is to spark new discoveries and support the children by empowering and letting them know that they can achieve anything they set their mind to and shouldn’t be afraid to embrace who they are. In the program, each child will have the opportunity to collaborate with other kids and volunteers to learn various methods of design, make new friendships, and leave the program with a handmade sticker to share with others!
2019-20 Community Engagement Award winner
What would you do with $3,000?
Up to $30,000* is available to fund SFU students who want to work with community partners to create meaningful impact.
Maybe you’re working on an existing idea for a class you’re taking, through a student club or another organization, or maybe you just have an amazing idea that keeps you up at night.... Whatever it is, we want to hear from you!
Start the process now by registering today – all you need is your passion and an idea.