- Enter now
- Get credit
News & stories
- Develop your capacity as a changemaker – and have fun!
- Embracing the complexity: pivoting as a practice.
- You know what’s not scary? $3,000 to fund your awesome project.
- SFU student creates youth-led overdose education and naloxone training during B.C.’s overdose crisis
- SFU student-community partnership creates local impact in Surrey
- SFU Students Exemplify the Spirit of Innovation and Community Engagement at the Annual President’s Gala
- Co-creation is difficult. And it's worth it.
- Hands-on for impact
- Congratulations to this year’s winners!
- On power and engagement – an interview with Aslam Bulbulia (excerpted)
- Herbert’s story: how one shopping cart made a difference.
- Don't wait for perfection – jump in
- Congratulations to our 2017-18 finalists and winners
- Discover what’s possible when university students and communities work together
- Wow! Over 80 registered and 27 ideas submitted
- A bit of passion and commitment
- Reflections on a community health engagement program
- Two new awards for engaging Burnaby
- Only one more night of Compose The Space
- Contact us
Stick With Me (Ecuador)
Team member: Belen Febres-Cordero, PhD Candidate in the School of Communication at SFU
This project invites women who were born in rural parts of Ecuador and migrated to Quito, the country’s capital city, to participate in workshops to create collective collages depicting different aspects of their lived experiences, with emphasis on their migration histories, health and wellbeing. These stories and collages will be collected to write multimedia journalistic posts that emerge from people’s own experiences and perspectives. In doing so, they will offer a unique view about human mobility and women’s health and wellbeing in Ecuador and elsewhere.
2019-20 Community Engagement Award winner
Hey, students – do you have an idea to ignite change?
Get funded to work together with your community to bring that idea to life? Amazing things happen when people come together (especially when you win up to $3,000 to work with)!
Register today – all you need is your name and a brief description of your idea.