- Enter now
- Get credit
- ACSSPA Sewing Mask Project
- Art for Comfort: Art for Connection
- BC Newcomer Camp
- Burnaby Mountain Festival
- Generation BXY
- Glow Within Foundation
- Haida Nerds
- Hastings Folk Garden Sound Map
- Indigenous Tutoring and Mentoring Program (ITMP)
- Math Walks
- NaloxHome SFU
- OMG I have ADHD
- Public Health Speaks
- ReRooting Relationships
- Singing Our Truths: Telling Our Stories
- Voices 4 Reconciliation
- Young Minds Exploring Science
- News & stories
- These 18 teams are springing into action with community
- Develop your capacity as a changemaker – and have fun!
- Embracing the complexity: pivoting as a practice.
- You know what’s not scary? $3,000 to fund your awesome project.
- SFU student creates youth-led overdose education and naloxone training during B.C.’s overdose crisis
- SFU student-community partnership creates local impact in Surrey
- SFU Students Exemplify the Spirit of Innovation and Community Engagement at the Annual President’s Gala
- Co-creation is difficult. And it's worth it.
- Hands-on for impact
- Congratulations to this year’s winners!
- On power and engagement – an interview with Aslam Bulbulia (excerpted)
- Herbert’s story: how one shopping cart made a difference.
- Don't wait for perfection – jump in
- Congratulations to our 2017-18 finalists and winners
- Discover what’s possible when university students and communities work together
- Contact us
Glow Within Foundation
Team members: Claire Connop (SFU Beedie School of Business), Karan Johar (SFU Beedie School of Business), Marzia Sager (SFU School of Communications)
Society lacks in providing available resources dedicated to teaching young women about their minds, bodies and common pressures they may face. As a young woman if you don’t have a close relationship with an older woman figure, it is difficult to access information and tools to help navigate experiences specific to girls. Glow Within’s mission is to empower and cultivate a community of confident feminine-identifying individuals by giving them the essential resources to navigate their physical, mental and emotional health. Our workshops are conducted by young university students and work to create an open environment where the facilitators can connect with the students and share relatable stories. We aim to enable participants to feel supported and understood while going through a pivotal stage in their lives.
To this date, Glow Within Foundation has conducted over 30 workshops in 6 Metro Vancouver High Schools reaching just over 230 students. Moving forward in 2022, based on increased interest among other schools, we would like to double the schools and students we work with and aim to be in 10 schools for this upcoming semester. So far, we have connected with Port Moody Secondary, Burnaby Mountain, North Burnaby, and Johnston Heights Secondary. As well we currently are solidifying our workshop schedule for the second semester with our original 6 schools.
School districts in Burnaby, Tri-Cities and Surrey; South Vancouver Neighbour House (SVNH)
Hey, students – Doyou have an idea to ignite change?
Get funded to work together with your community to bring that idea to life? Amazing things happen when people come together (especially when you win up to $3,000* to work with)!
Register today – all you need is your name and a brief description of your idea.