- Enter now
- Get credit
News & stories
- Develop your capacity as a changemaker – and have fun!
- Embracing the complexity: pivoting as a practice.
- You know what’s not scary? $3,000 to fund your awesome project.
- SFU student creates youth-led overdose education and naloxone training during B.C.’s overdose crisis
- SFU student-community partnership creates local impact in Surrey
- SFU Students Exemplify the Spirit of Innovation and Community Engagement at the Annual President’s Gala
- Co-creation is difficult. And it's worth it.
- Hands-on for impact
- Congratulations to this year’s winners!
- On power and engagement – an interview with Aslam Bulbulia (excerpted)
- Herbert’s story: how one shopping cart made a difference.
- Don't wait for perfection – jump in
- Congratulations to our 2017-18 finalists and winners
- Discover what’s possible when university students and communities work together
- Wow! Over 80 registered and 27 ideas submitted
- A bit of passion and commitment
- Reflections on a community health engagement program
- Two new awards for engaging Burnaby
- Only one more night of Compose The Space
- Contact us
Team members: Naima Osman (SFU), Tsion Gebremedhen (SFU)
Refugee womxn* are found to be at greater risk for social isolation and many suffer from the layered discriminatory affects of their gender, race, and religion in Canadian society. Establishing a new home here is not only limited to finding a house, a school, a job. Making a place a home is also about creating community and feeling like you belong. The goal of this project is to provide a safer and welcoming space for newly arrived refugee womxn to engage with each other, and other womxn in the greater Vancouver area. We want to center a holistic wellness approach that will merge the benefits of mental health and physical activity.
*‘Womxn’ used to allow for more inclusive definition of women
2020-21 Grand Prize Award + Burnaby Festival of Learning Award winner
Hey, students – do you have an idea to ignite change?
Get funded to work together with your community to bring that idea to life? Amazing things happen when people come together (especially when you win up to $3,000 to work with)!
Register today – all you need is your name and a brief description of your idea.