- Enter now
- Competition Info
- ACSSPA Sewing Mask Project
- Art for Comfort: Art for Connection
- BC Newcomer Camp
- Burnaby Mountain Festival
- Generation BXY
- Glow Within Foundation
- Haida Nerds
- Hastings Folk Garden Sound Map
- Indigenous Tutoring and Mentoring Program (ITMP)
- Math Walks
- NaloxHome SFU
- OMG I have ADHD
- Public Health Speaks
- ReRooting Relationships
- Singing Our Truths: Telling Our Stories
- Voices 4 Reconciliation
- Young Minds Exploring Science
- News & stories
- These 18 teams are springing into action with community
- Develop your capacity as a changemaker – and have fun!
- Embracing the complexity: pivoting as a practice.
- You know what’s not scary? $3,000 to fund your awesome project.
- SFU student creates youth-led overdose education and naloxone training during B.C.’s overdose crisis
- SFU student-community partnership creates local impact in Surrey
- SFU Students Exemplify the Spirit of Innovation and Community Engagement at the Annual President’s Gala
- Co-creation is difficult. And it's worth it.
- Hands-on for impact
- Congratulations to this year’s winners!
- On power and engagement – an interview with Aslam Bulbulia (excerpted)
- Herbert’s story: how one shopping cart made a difference.
- Don't wait for perfection – jump in
- Congratulations to our 2017-18 finalists and winners
- Discover what’s possible when university students and communities work together
- Contact us
You know what’s not scary? $3,000 to fund your awesome project.
Happy Halloween, SFU. While COVID-19 still means that our office can’t give out candy like we usually do, you can still trick-or-treat with us by registering and submitting your idea to the SFU Student-Community Engagement Competition.
Up to $30,000 is available to fund SFU student-led teams who want to work with community partners to do something good in the world.
Whether you are a team of one or a team of many, all you need is your passion, an idea, and about five minutes to register and submit your idea. And who knows? You could find yourself funded to the tune of $3,000 to try your idea and see what happens.
No trick – ALL TREAT.
Past winning projects have found even more treats in their bag, like media exposure (e.g. here, here, and here), multiple awards, new partners to work with, new mentors, and one of our first teams went on to found their own nonprofit organization, and another one seems well on its way.
It’s kind of like those houses where you could grab a whole handful of candy. Or where they gave you the big KitKats. Or where you emptied the entire bowl into your ba…. Wait… no, um… That. Never. Happened.
Hey, students – What would you do with $3,000?
Up to $30,000* is available to fund SFU students who want to work with community partners to create meaningful impact. Register today – all you need is your name and a brief description of your idea.