Informing the Chair and Dean
A Member must inform the Chair and the Dean, in advance and in writing, of involvement in any of the following:
- Activities that will result in the rescheduling, delegation or non-fulfillment of any work obligations, including regular teaching duties, office hours or departmental committee service
- Activities that require a Member's time commitment of more than 30 consecutive days or 52 cumulative days per calendar year
- Activities that will generate annual cumulative income per calendar year for the Member in excess of 25% of the Member's total annual salary
- In the case of Members with full-time continuing appointments, any outside employment
- Activities that will involve the use of University resources (facilities, employees, or services). These may be subject to a requirement to reimburse the University for resultant costs.
Outside activities that are exempt from this policy are those that constitute service to the Member’s discipline or to the University.
By January 15th, every Member must submit an Annual Report of Outside Activities to their Chair.
Collective Agreement Article:
Article 20: Outside Activities
Contact the Faculty Relations Advisor handling inquiries for your Faculty.