Offices Supporting Faculty
Here is a categorized list of the offices and facilities that support faculty and librarians around Simon Fraser University.
Offices that Support Research
These offices provide service and support to researchers at SFU.
- Archival Services for Faculty
- Information Technology Services
- Innovation Office (IO)
- Liaison Librarians
- SFU International
- Office of Research Services (ORS)
- SFU Library - Research Support
- VP Research Office (VPR)
Offices that Support Teaching
These offices provide service and support to faculty carrying out their roles as educators.
- Centre for Distance and Online Education
- Community-Based Learning - Developing Courses that involve Community and Civic Engagement
- IT Services - Course Mail Lists
- SFU Bookstore - Custom Courseware
- SFU Bookstore - Ordering Course Books
- SFU Library - Teaching Support
- Teaching and Learning Centre (TLC) at Simon Fraser University
- Undergraduate Curriculum Initiative - Developing Writing, Quantitative and Breadth Courses
- Writing Intensive Learning Office (WILO)
Offices that Support Supervision of Graduate Students, Research Personnel and Teaching Assistants
These offices provide service and support to faculty carrying out their roles as graduate student supervisors, supervisors of research personnel and supervisors of teaching assistants.
- Graduate Studies
- Policies on Research Personnel Supervision
- Supervising Teaching Assistants and Tutor Markers - Teaching Support Staff Union (TSSU) Collective Agreement
Offices/Committees of Import to University Service
These offices and services are involved in the governance of the University
Other Offices that are Important to you as a Faculty Member
These offices provide support and service in a variety of other areas.